Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LATELY WITH THIS STATE I'M IN I CAN'T HELP MYSELF BUT SPIN







Photography by: Daniel Cruz Photography

Outfit:
faux leather jacket - H&M
dress and socks - Forever 21
sheer tights - Target
heels - Sheikh Shoes
ring - bought at a random store in the Philippines
hat - no idea
bag - Urban Outfitters

As I sit here with my morning cup of coffee watching tv, I'm thinking about all of the things I need to do this week but would rather be back on winter break doing nothing. All I can think about is school, my future, money, etc etc. The thought of possibly being delayed yet another year for graduation bothers me so much but I realize that if I give it everything I've got and it still doesn't work out, then hey at least I tried and I need to make the best of my situation. It truly stresses me out but I promised myself that I would stop worrying so much about the future and concentrate on making the best out of my life right now. There are plenty of people in this world that have taken a little longer to do things so what's so wrong with that? I came across a quote that helps calm my worries a bit: "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop" - Confucius. That says it all, and I'm never going to stop.

***UPDATE: Shortly after I wrote this, my luck changed. I had entered my name in a lottery yesterday to get into a Biology class I was in DESPERATE need of, and to my surprise I was one out of five others who were chosen to be added! Over 50 people had put their names down and I got it! We also had our first pop quiz at the end of lab today and I got an A after not having any time to study since I found out so last minute. SO HAPPY! In addition to all that, I was able to get into another class that is only offered once a year that I was in serious need of as well! This means that I won't be delayed an extra year for graduation after all. So today actually turned out to be one of the best I've had in a long time. I definitely have God to thank for this!***

Now as for my outfit Daniel took these photos the same day as my previous post. I figured I might as well knock out two in one day! My heels kept sinking in the snow-covered grass, which is why they seem to not look at high as they really were. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!




21 comments:

  1. Adore that dress - Ikat prints are so hot right now!!!

    xx grace
    stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are of such great quality! And you're gorgeous! Is the jacket real leather? It looks great!

    x Christine @ Fanciful Vision

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look - the tights with knee high socks! I must try before it gets too warm here in so cal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that dress is amazing, i really love it! these photo's are so beautiful too!
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog and I just adore your style! Hats are really growing on me, I cant seem to leave the house without one on!
    i will be sure to follow in the new year :)

    xo Lynzy

    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine- Thank you! The jacket is definitely faux, I'm not a fan of real leather or fur. Thanks for reminding me that I need to correct that in my outfit details!

    xo sarina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moosette- They are actually over-the-knee socks. Way more flattering than knee-high ones! :)

    xo sarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge fan of Fadora's especially on ladies!
    I think that hat really pulls it all together
    good style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jc! I think you might still be following my old blog. Don't forget to follow this new one! :) aaand I can't figure out how to follow yours..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tights and socks together - really is so cute! And I know exactly what you mean with the whole thinking about future + money + etc, etc, and that quote has really inspired me to just calm down and continue (however glacial the pace may be) with achieving my goals *my* way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarina!!! Your blog is beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comment in my blog and i'm following you in bloglovin :))

    Your name is so beautiful :))

    WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit! ...and great pictures overall! :)

    xx

    http://hannalovefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ciao, you are very sexy in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. woww i love your blog!
    i just stumbled across it on IFB and i am so impressed - especially with your gorgeous photos!
    i'm following, and i can't wait to see more ;)
    love amy xoxo

    http://ismellfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the print of that skirt! and i love that quote.. it totally applies to me too. im 24 and am in college for my BA. sometimes i just wanna snap my fingers and get it over with! but anyway, im so happy things worked out in your favor <3 good luck with everything you encounter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jamie, it's always nice to hear that other people are in similar positions as us and that we are not alone. I totally know what you mean, I want to snap my fingers and be done! But oh well, we'll get there eventually. Good luck to you as well! Keep in touch.

    xo sarina

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely outfit...


    xxx
    http://inanothercornerofparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...